2007年7月2日月曜日

Lesson 5 text page

textbook on page 9, number 1,3 and 7

1. How do you choose a child's given name in your family?

My father chose each child's given name. I have an elder sister and an elder brother. My sister's name is come from flower, because my father is a florist so he wanted to give her name to connect a flower, I guess. Then, my brother's name is come from my father's uncle who was a great person, so he wanted my brother to be uncle. However, my name is come from famous drama' s character when I was born. She was so beautiful woman, so he wanted me to be a beautiful lady!! I cannot believe that, he watched the TV drama then he decided my name!! I wanted to be more serious to choose a child's given name, don' t you think?


3. Does your given name or your family name mean anything?

I told you my name meaning the above, so I want to tell you about my family name. but I have no idea about it, because I don't know my family route. However, I just tell you that my family name become some place's name and some shrine's name, I don't know why.


7. How do you know if names are boy's names, girl's name, or both?

In the old days, it was easy to understand which name is boy's or girl's, because many girl had 'ko(子)' in last name like Hanako(花子), Sachiko(幸子). However, recent nema is too difficult to read!! What do you think the follow names?
愛人 (はあと)   →愛人 means mistress but it pronounces 'heart.'
光   (きら) →光 means light.
女王子 (じょおうこ) →女王子 means queen.
I cannot read them. If you are intersting it, you should check the Internet!

1 件のコメント:

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Excellent comments and thoughts.